Yay! Have you booked your flight to your dream destination and can’t wait? When booking flights, we don’t even want to think about our trip or holiday not happening after all. However, people change and life changes, which sometimes brings complications when it comes to travel. And when something unpleasant happens, it doesn’t always fall within the insurance compensation. Some things are hard to explain, which is why we’ve come up with a new service – “Change for any reason.”
Exactly, understand as you read. With the new service, you can rebook your flight completely without giving a reason up to 3 days before departure.
Table of Contents
How does it work?
When you purchase the Change for any reason service, you have a credit of up to 80% of the booking price to change your ticket details. For example, you can change the departure date, the destination or even the airline, if you are entitled to do so within the credit you receive and the general terms and conditions.
Once your change request has been processed, we will offer you the available options to change your flight ticket. Once you have selected and agreed to the change, we will send you the new booking details immediately. If the change fee does not exceed 80% of the original booking price.
What are the conditions for using the service?
- Any elements of the booking can be changed up to 3 days (72 hours) before departure
- You do not need to give any reason or document
- This is a one-off change – you cannot make multiple changes on different forms/applications
- Credit of 80% percent of the booking price must be used immediately and cannot be refunded
- Credit can be used to change your flight ticket via Pelican
When can the service not be used?
- If you, Pelikan or the tour provider cancelled the booking
- If you request a change later than 3 days before departure
- The amount of credit cannot exceed €3000 per booking
How do you purchase the Change for Any Reason service and how much does it cost?
The new service from Pelikan can be purchased directly during the ticket booking process. The option to add the Change for any reason service to your order can be found in the “Flight details” section. This also means that you cannot purchase this service additionally.
The price for the service is individual for each order and is based on the price of the booking.
How can you apply the change?
You have 2 options to apply the change:
- The quickest way is to use the dedicated online form, which looks like this:
You will find this form in the email you received with your flight order.
- Another option is to contact customer service at firstname.lastname@example.org.
After processing your request, we will offer you various suggestions for modifying the data. Once you have chosen and agreed to the change, we will send you the new booking details immediately.Photo source: Shutterstock, Dreamstime, Unsplash.com